Wednesday, November 10

Busy as a bee!

I'm a little busy this week. I'm doing this sorting/cleaning thing in my sewing room and I'm getting the job done but wow!!! what chaos I've created in moving things around!! If I ever finish, I'll share pictures.
I'm also preparing for a couple of upcoming programs. Thursday night, I'm presenting my "Legacy of Stitches" program for an evening group at Redeemer Lutheran Church. Then next Tuesday, I'm doing a library program on barn quilts and an intro to a beginning quilting class that I'll be teaching at the library next March. It will be a free class so if you live nearby stay tuned and I'll give you details next February. Yes, it may seem like a long way off but planning in advance makes it work better. :-)
I had a couple photos I wanted to share that I took this past Sunday afternoon. You may remember I had to go for an ice cream after I worked so hard to hang those quilts on the line. :-) Well, when I turned onto Main Street in Henderson and headed toward Toody's Sweets I was really surprised at all the motorcycles and these vintage vehicles that lined the street. Our mild November weather had lots of folk out for a Sunday ride on their bikes or drive in their car. I can't help but look at that old car and start humming.........Come away with me, Lucille, in my merry oldsmobile............ I love that song and, in fact, it's one of the songs I share in my quilting program. I would have loved to have gone for a ride in that old car!!
Since I didn't know who owned the car, though, I went in to Classical Glass, a shop owned by Dee Thomas, glass artist (and also school principal at MinnesotaNewCountrySchool here in Henderson). This is Dee at work in her studio..............
Some of Dee's pieces can be seen sitting on the counter above. She also carries other gift items, like the lamps in these photos.......
and beautiful glass vases......
The rose panel in the photo above is an exquisite example of Dee's work. More examples of her work can be seen in the shops front window..........
So, how many of you see a quilt design or two in these pieces? I sure do!! One of these days, I am going to have Dee do a piece for one of my windows. I have some vintage glass pieces that a friend gave me years ago and I think they would look lovely as a "window quilt block". If you are passing through Henderson, be sure and stop for a visit at Classical Glass........it's simply gorgeous "eye candy"!!!
I'll be back with a quilty post in a couple of days. Till then......have a great day!
Sandi

5 comments:

Pat said...

That glass shop looks wonderful. I always am amazed at how many terrific programs you put on for various groups about quilting! Keep up the good work.

Needled Mom said...

Great pictures! What a fun place to visit. I think one of those leaded pieces would be perfect at your house.

Missouri Gal said...

Wow! I love your little town, the old cars, the beautiful lamps...very eye catching day for you! And I would take your beginners class if I lived closer to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi, love to read your blog. Your parcel arrived safely in the Nehterlands today. Tomorrow I will post it on my blog. (Just a too busy day at work). I love the things you made me, and the little gifts. Thank you very very much. with kind regards, Caro, http://www.caro-en-rob.blogspot.com

Crispy said...

I love the shop photos!! It's so much fun to look at all the lovely pieces and dream :0)

Crispy

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018