Friday, June 25

A Family Favorite Recipe!

I'm a fan of Mary Englebreit's work. I love her fabrics, her notecards and scrapbook pages, and all the little home decor items. About a year ago, I was checking out her website when I saw a "call" for family favorite recipes for a new cookbook she was planning. I submitted one right away and then almost forgot about it............until this past spring when I got an e-mail that my recipe had been accepted and would be in the book. :-) It also said that in June, I'd receive a copy of the cookbook in the mail. And I did!! That's the cookbook on the left. It arrived this past Monday and, in fact, there were two copies in the package and both were autographed. :-) I'm keeping one for me and the other will go to my daughter, Collette. One day, my son can have my copy. :-)
The book is filled with some yummy sounding recipes and I plan to try several. The recipe I shared isn't actually my recipe. It's from my Grandma Goldie and here it is in print. I think my Grandma would be so pleased. :-)

I "tweeked" it just a teeny bit for the cookbook (I added baking soda as I discovered through a baking mistake that it adds a bit of "golden color" to baked goods.) Her original recipe is one that I shared here on my blog quite some time ago. Go here and you'll find my post on her recipe. Of course, you could also go out and buy Mary's book. I plan to buy a couple more copies and give one to my mom and, ............ well, I can't tell you who else might get one because she reads my blog. :-)
So that was how my week started and it was definitely a good way to start the week. It got a little busy as the week went on as I taught a wooly workshop to a nearby quilt guild on Tuesday evening and then I've been working on a little winter project that I can't post about yet. I'll share some photos of the wooly workshop in my next post. It's going to be a busy weekend ........it's Sauerkraut Days here in Henderson. :-) Hoping for lots of sunshine and no rain. Back with more later............
Sandi

There's still time to enter the drawing on my bathroom decorating post so just go here and check it out. Drawing is at 8:00 p.m. tonight.


10 comments:

annemarie said...

Congrats to you Sandi - what an honor to have your recipe published! Rhubarb is a definite favorite of mine but unfortunately it is not readily available in the south. Hope your weekend is a great one.

luv2quilt2 said...

Congratulations! I've always loved rhubarb, but since no one else in my family does, I haven't had it in years.

Needled Mom said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations. I love her stuff too and may have to check out that new book. It sounds like fun.

I planted a red rhubarb in the garden this year. They struggle here and I think it is because we don't get a chill.

I can smell that delicious sauerkraut here. YUM.

Winona said...

Congratulations Sandi. Have a great weekend. Winona

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

WOW Sandi....how great to have your recipe in the ME cookbook!!! I will definitely be getting that cookbook. AND I think you should put the photo in the Mary Engelbreit flickr group. :)

Crispy said...

Very Cool Sandi!! I love it when my friends get published, even if it's in a cookbook :0)

It always makes me smile to hear what foods are celebrated. Our neighboring town does Leutefisk (ICK)LOL. We have our Cow Town Hoe Down in the middle of July, our claim to fame, besides the big cow on the hill :o)

Crispy

Diane H said...

Congratulations for being published, Sandi! Great job!

SheilaC said...

Congrats!! I love ME so will keep an eye out for this book and your recipe :)

SheilaC

Pat said...

That is VERY special to be one of only 120 chosen for the book....BIG congratulations to you, Sandi! From many of the recipes you shared on your tea party blog, I do believe that recipe must be excellent. I hope you are in the midst of enjoying a wonderful weekend of fun there in Henderson!!! Sounds like saurkraut days would be good...I love saurkraut on hot dogs AND also with pork...cooked all day long in my crockpot. YUMMMMM!!!

Chelley said...

Congrats, Sandi! I LOVE ME -- especially her kitchen stuff. I can't wait to check out this book.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018