Thursday, June 10

Four Generations

Today, I'll be taking my mother home but last night there was one last celebration......dinner at Country Buffet, a treat from daughter Collette. And, when we were done eating way more than we should have (do I love a buffet? yes, I do!), Daryl, Collette's hubby took this four generation picture..............we are.........
My grandson, Jacob on the left sitting next to his mom, Collette, my daughter. Then it's me and my mother, Mary. This past Sunday, we drove into the cities to visit my son, Devlin so here's a three generation picture......me, my mother and Devlin. :-)
My mother has had a good time, but as it always is with vacation........it is good to get home so she is packed and ready to return to Iowa. I'll stay a couple days and then...........next week, I'll get back to quilting and stitching.......and catching up on my Yahoo groups and blogging!!! I've been doing a little bit of stitching on a project that I can't show you but in a couple months, I'll be able to post about it and share the fun. :-)
In the meantime, I thought I'd share some fun with this photo.............
My mom and I were looking through some old photos I had in a box and this one was too cute. I remember those dolls that we are holding. They were "walking" dolls and we played with them a lot! I love the look on my sister, Judy's face. Way too cute. :-)
I'll be back in a few days. Have a good weekend!
Sandi


19 comments:

Saskia said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely family-photos!!!!

Saskia :)

Kaye said...

You are sooo lucky to still have your Mom. She sure is one pretty Lady. Love the precious Family pictures

Ida13 said...

It is so lovely!
You have to know that you are lucky!

Beth said...

wonderful multi-generational photos. Glad you had a chance to capture those memories. Sounds like you all enjoyed your Mom's visit.

Pat said...

YAY...the multi-generation photos have been taken and I know you will treasure them for years to come! Cute photo of you and your sister, too! Have a safe trip to take your mom home and then back to your place again...I'm sure you'll need a rest day (or two??? LOL) when you get back home.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family! Love the pictures, I know they will be special in the years to come!

Jocelyn said...

What sweet pictures Sandi! How wonderful that you will have those pictures to treasure.

Crispy said...

Great photos Sandi!! You look just like your mom :0)

Crispy

Maggey and Jim said...

What a wonderful family. We are so blessed..
Maggey

grandmatomato said...

I am so happy for you that you got to spend this week with your mom. It is great that she finally was able to come to your home. I know it was fun for your children and grandson to see her. Great memories.

Sandy K

andsewon said...

What treasures these pics will become!
Lovely family. You and your Mom favor a lot!
Wishing you safe travels.

Laura said...

Love the photos Sandi.
Laura

Needled Mom said...

What wonderful pictures, Sandi. You will cherish those forever.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Sandi...it looks like you are making some wonderful memories...enjoy this time together.

Love Of Quilts said...

In the picture of you and judy...I could see where your son looked like you. Trish

Micki said...

What lovely family pictures!
Micki

Joy said...

Fabulous pics Sandi ... gee you're like your Mum!!! Love the last one too ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wonderful 4 generation photo Sandi! And the one with your sister - too darn cute!

Latane Barton said...

The picture of the four generations is such a treasure. You three girls look like you are having the time of your life but I think Jacob was wishing he was somewhere else!!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018