Thursday, December 31

Happy New Year's Eve!!!

Hi! and hope you are all enjoying a great evening, the last night of 2009!! I am ready for a new year and a new start. Got my new calendar and making my plans for lots of good things in the year 2010. To make sure the year gets off to a good start, we have been cleaning and sorting and that kind of thing. Not exactly what I was planning for my days after Christmas but it had to be done. Kinda kept me from doing the quilty, bloggy, Yahoo group things I was planning but I am ready to get back at it starting tomorrow!
First, though, there is still snow out there and lots of it. This past Monday morning, I ventured out to mail these.........
yep, finally I sent the packages out that contained the charm squares that I offered up in my Christmas in July giveaway last July!! Better late than never............
On my way to the Post Office, I passed these fellas...........

Somebody that's a lot stronger than I am put these sturdy snowmen together!!! No snow in the forecast for a few days but we are headed into the deep freeze!! Later in the afternoon, the mailman delivered two unexpected little packages and one came from Nanette..............

I love her little three inch square pack and know exactly what I am going to do with it. :-) Thanks, Nanette...........
And then there was this lovely card and gift from Nihal in Istanbul. She made me a pair of "Blue Moon" earrings and I am wearing them as I write this!
Lovely, aren't they? I've checked out the "Blue Moon" that is rising on this New Year's Eve and it is beautiful!! Thanks, Nihal!
If you live here in the Henderson area, you might want to stop in at the Historical Society on Sunday afternoon and check out the quilts on display. I was asked to come and take a peek at the quilts this past Tuesday and help determine names of patterns used in the quilts. I took several pictures and will share on Saturday! :-)

As noted, we have been sorting and such and here are a couple of fun items that I came across when I unpacked boxes that were packed for our move three years ago!!

There were old linens.........my baby book and a magazine given to my mother when I was born and then an old issue of Woman's Day from December, 1960. It belonged to my mother who always bought a copy of Woman's Day and Family Circle each time she went grocery shopping. I'm going to sit down and read this one in a few minutes while my husband is watching some movie, probably an old Clint Eastwood flick. :-) It was fun to go through some of things in the boxes and then again, some of it made me feel like ....."whoa!! where did the time go?!?!"
And speaking of time, that's all the time I have for posting now. I'll be back tomorrow at about 1:00 p.m. - right after the Rose Bowl Parade is over - and I will share the first of a new Redwork block series of Angels and I'll have a little bit of a New Year's Day Giveaway, too. :-) See you then..........
Happy, Happy New Year!!!
Sandi

9 comments:

Barb said...

Happy New Years!!!

Rae Ann said...

The best to you and yours at the start of this New Year.
The quilt is just beautiful!

Kaye said...

Sandi, its been a good year, better with the blogging world discovery and making friends such as you. Bless you all and may we all enjoy Good Health, Happiness & world peace. Thank You for all you have given and shared with us. Hugs!

Ida13 said...

I wish you a happy new year! I'm glad because I've found you.

luv2quilt2 said...

Happy New Year!!

Crispy said...

Happy New Year Sandi!!!

Crispy

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Sandi. as always

Nihal said...

Ohh my God, what a super wonderful post, Sandi:) Photographs are showing that you are having fun.
In fact, believe or not I was not knowing if the moon is rarely rising for the second time that was on this New Year's eve. Really I did not know.
When I created this pair of earrings, I thought the beautiful blue of your eyes. That was my exit to name them as Blue Moon:)

Later on today I too read the news of Blue Moon on today's papers that was possible to be viewed in NYC, and then I said myself 'My God, look what an insight. I named like that way Sandi's.''

Oh, life's good, isn't it:)
I'll remember this very good match between the sky and my gift for you.

You're always welcome. Hope to make you another one, maybe a necklace. Let's see:)

Again have a happy New Year with your loved ones, Sandi. You're golden hearted and so kind one.

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm glad you like them. They are fun squares. Happy New Year to you. I love that postage stamp quilt!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018