Thursday, September 17

The Old Barn Boutique

Just a quick post before I go off to bed. The flu has a good hold on me but I think I am going to beat it. The cough is the worst. I sound like a honking goose when I cough!! Hoping that tomorrow I will feel much better.

I wanted to share some photos of the Old Barn Boutique that is located just north of Belle Plaine, MN. I've passed by there many times but don't always get the chance to stop. On Wednesday, though, I had time as I headed home from the Art Institute. Of course, I realize now that I was probably spreading flu germs everywhere I went and for that I am very sorry. I thought I was doing okay that day but not the case. Luckily, I can't pass it along via the Internet so you are all safe!

Here is the big red barn that houses the Old Barn Boutique.


Connie Witt and Jean Thomson are the gals who have created this little venture that is in it's 13th year!
The barn is filled with fall, Halloween and Christmas goodies. Many are handcrafted, some are vintage items, and some holiday gift items. I like the way they display everything.
The barn silo gets put to good use for lots of Halloween goodies.
This "field" of Candy Corn folk and friends just made me laugh.

There are furniture items for sale, too, and all sorts of fun stuff!

As much as I loved the Halloween and fall colors, my favorite item was the vintage sleds. I already have one and when I saw these, I was wishing my husband hadn't thrown away his old ice skates!! :-)
I know that many of my readers are local, so if you do live nearby and want to stop in, they are open this weekend Sept. 16-20, 9-6 and the same hours apply the next weekend Sept. 25-27.
I didn't do much shopping as I have so much Holiday stuff but I found two things I had to bring home.....one was a little teacup and saucer and that photo was out of focus so I can't post it. The other items was this green leaf plate that caught my eye. I can see some dainty little cookies on that for some future Tea and Stitches post.
That's all for tonight. Sleep tight.
Sandi

7 comments:

Kaye said...

I would have a ball in that shop, looks like a lot of nice goodies. Now Sandi tell me, did you or your hubby use white skates? I Love the skates on the sled. How many out there still have an old flexible flyer? Here in Delaware we don't get very much snow. Once in a while we may get 8-10 inches and we have no hills! Can you believe that? One year dh pulled kids with the golf cart. I"ll have to dig out a picture of that

Pat said...

Looks like a wonderful place to have a boutique filled with decorating items. Hope you feel lots better soon, Sandi.

Needled Mom said...

I WISH I lived closer. It looks like an awesome place to visit. I love the candy corn family.

Feel better soon.

Crispy said...

What a fun shop!! I hope you get over that cough and icky feelings quickly!!

Crispy

Wendy said...

Sandi...you alway share the most interesting places and things...I would love to see all of them in person...lets see, how many hours would it take?

Kim said...

How fun, Is that anywhere near Emma Krumbee's. I am working at the craft fair in Waconia, so I won't' be going in that direction. I hope you feel better.

julieQ said...

Looks like such a fun place to shop and just have a great time. Hope you feel better soon.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018