Saturday, July 5

Somebody has a birthday today!

And it's my son, Devlin. I called him yesterday to wish him a Happy 4th and then a Happy day on the 5th. His girlfriend, Stacia, was preparing potato salad for a barbecue that they are going to do with friend's this evening. I am happy that they will have a good time with friends. Perhaps later on this evening I'll write more but thought I'd post just a bit before I go off to fix supper.

Last evening we went down to Toody's Sweets for an ice cream cone and then I worked on a crazy quilt piece that will eventually go to my son. I tried to sit on the porch and sew but it was toooooooo sunny. It was not too sunny to just sit there and eat ice cream, though! :-) Anyway, it's a piece done in patriotic colors that I started about three years ago. All the pieces were pinned in place and I had begun to stitch them in place when it got laid aside and well, it's a year since I last stitched on it. Do you have projects like that? Here's a picture of what it looks like now that the stitching is done. It's ready to be embellished with fancy stitches, buttons and trims. My goal is to finish it by Election Day and I'll embroider the date on it on that day. The piece measures 16 x 20" and I plan to frame it under glass.


I am also posting a pic of the fabric postcard that I sent him for his birthday. In celebration of his birthday, if you e-mail me, I will send you a fabric postcard, too. However, it will most likely have a sewing theme unless this happens to be your birthday, too! The deadline to let me know if you want one was midnight tonight, but I'll extend it to midnight Monday night, July 7th just in case you were out of town and won't be reading this til you return.


I'll write more later tonight. Hope you are enjoying the weekend!!

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

I love this red white and blue quilt. I've always loved this style. It will be fun to see it when its finished. Election day for sure! Happy Birthday ot your son. Belated. I nearly missed your deadline. What a sweet idea. I've taken a blog vacation and gotten sooo much done this weekend. Its exciting to have time off when I can spend some of it at my sewing machine and with family.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018