Tuesday, July 21

Home from the Reunion!

I am back from my family reunion and I have many pictures to share, stories to tell, and more. I managed to make the trip without aggravating my back and leg problems and tomorrow I go for the spinal cortisone shot, so perhaps that will give me some relief so I can get back to my regular routine of blogging and projects!
Here are three "quick pics" from my weekend trip............
This one below was an unexpected photo opportunity. I was just north of Lakota, Iowa on Hwy. 169 and came to a stop sign where I needed to turn right. A sheriff's car was there and I thought perhaps there was an accident....................but not so................it was a parade of tractors! There must have been 50 of them! I waved as they went by and thought how much my dad would have enjoyed seeing them!

Then there was the purpose of the trip.....................the 80th Annual Linn Family Reunion and, of course, there was a lot of good food and a lot of fried chicken. There's a story to that and I'll share it later.
And there was another unexpected photo opportunity when I stopped to return a key at my friend's house and there was a ................. Secret Garden. I have more pictures to share and.....

the visit inspired my creativity and all kinds of designs are rumbling around in my head!
Right now, though, I must put my head to the pillow so I am rested up for that shot tomorrow. I am not real fond of needles so I hope this doesn't hurt too much. As long as it gets me some pain relief, it will be worth it.
Lights out!
More later...........
Sandi
A little edit........have returned from the doctor and the cortisone shot went fine - "piece of cake"!! Tired now, though, as I didn't sleep well last night. Think I will take a little afternoon siesta..........zzzzzzzz

13 comments:

Owl Lady said...

How wonderful to get together with family! That can be healing to the spirit which has been bruised by the physical pain and the interruptions of your plans.

I've heard that "life is what happens while you are preparing your future".

Best wishes to you as you arrange to resume your plans.

Pat said...

I'm glad you are home safely and had a good time AND the pain didn't prevent you from enjoying yourself. Good luck with the shot today. I wish I lived closer as I'd take you for it and keep you talking SO much that you'd not be nervous about the injection. :)

Crispy said...

Welcome home Sandi!! I look forward to your reunion stories. We have a tractor rally like that in ND too. They have to pick less traveled roads as they sometimes have over 100 tractors. It's fun to have a picnic and watch them go by.

Crispy

Kaye said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Is that a bird's nest in the secret garden picture?

Jocelyn said...

So glad that you are back and that you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds as though it was a wonderful trip. I'm glad that you were comfortable enough to enjoy the fun.

Good luck with the shot. I hope that it will mean that you are back to all your sewing and fun soon.

Kritta22 said...

LOL I love the tractor picture! thanks for sharing about the reunion. I hope you relax a bit!

Kritta22 said...

PS Good luck with the shot! You can do it chica!

Wendy said...

Sounds like a good reunion....family is very important...good luck with your injection...take care of yourself...

Micki said...

What a lovely family reunion! So glad that you are home again!
Micki

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a good time.

Congrats on making it through the shot. Sometimes waiting for the shot and imagining what it will be like is worse than the actual shot.

Margie said...

Family reunions are so much fun! Just wanted to say I love that picture of the secret garden. It looks so calm and relaxing. Sure hope that shot helps and you start feeling a whole lot better. Take Care

julieQ said...

I am glad you had good family time. I have had back surgery, and the sciatica..yuck! Hope yours is so much better after your steroid injection!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018