Wednesday, June 14

Flag Day, 2017



It's Flag Day, a day to celebrate our nation's flag! and it's also the day of my dad's birth. He would have been 91 years old this day. Seems like only yesterday that he was still with us and yet it has been nine years since he passed. It was because of my dad and how much I missed him that I started blogging. He passed April 29th of 2008 and just a few weeks later on Memorial Day, May 26th, I started blogging. I had read that blogging was as good as therapy. It turned out that was so true.
I still miss my dad a lot. He was such a good guy, had a kind heart and a sweet smile. He loved his family and was proud to have served his country in the U.S. Army in the final months of WWII. One of the things he enjoyed was building and making things with wood. I came across the photo above that was taken a few years ago. He made that cute little wooden bear that is holding the Red, White and Blue! Happy Birthday, Daddy! And Happy Flag Day to all of you!
Sandi

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We can't even display the flag today, since the flag pole post broke yesterday, in a storm (it was really old). I'll have to get a new post.

Needled Mom said...

Our flag was flying today! That is such a nice display.

Kathryn said...

The best to you and thanks for sharing your memory of your dad. Mine was a WWII vet also, and just the best of men.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Sandi, It's so good to have you back! Your blog has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing memories of your dad. I love your flag display.

UplayOnline said...

Our flag was flying today! That is such a nice display.


แคมฟรอก

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018