Wednesday, November 12

Breaking NEWS!

I haven't posted in weeks so perhaps you thought I fell off the edge of the earth. Nope. Have just been super busy with volunteer projects. Took my quilts and headed to my hometown of Lehigh, Iowa the first weekend in October. The next week I took quilts and treats to friends at nearby Assisted Living Centers. And I taught some wooly classes at HeArt of Henderson and our Henderson Sew and Share quilters gathered to work on our Christmas quilt blocks. Then I started working on the annual "Count Your Blessings Silent Auction" at our church and by that time it was off to Kindred Kwilters over in Le Sueur. The next week, I taught a fun snowman ornament class to the Sibley County Home Extension group and then I was off to Shakopee for our monthly Crazy Quilt meeting.  In between all that, there was family time and that boring house-cleaning stuff. When Halloween rolled in the weather turned cold and I wondered "how did winter arrive so soon?"  And tonight the temps are dropping down into the teens!! But, we will all be warmed by this event............


Yes, Victoria Findlay Wolfe will be speaking at our very own Henderson Public Library. I have posted about this on Facebook and should have posted it here on my blog much sooner. I do hope if you live near Henderson, MN that you will come to hear her lecture and see her quilts. She arrived tonight and we enjoyed visiting a bit and having a cup of sleepytime tea. If you think my schedule sounds busy, she is really busy! I can hardly wait to hear her lecture and see her quilts! I'll be back with some photos on Friday and then this weekend, I will finally share the photos of my trip to Iowa and the quilt show that my brother Doug and I coordinated for the Lehigh Historical Society. Time to turn out the lights and dream of quilts! Is there anything else to dream about?  ;-)
Sandi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally envious of Victoria's visit your direction! I love her quiltings!!!!!! Unfortunately, Henderson is a wee far from me (I live 35 miles due south of Winona). I look forward to a FULL report!!!! Chilly hugs from the "Coulee Region"!!

Needled Mom said...

You are going to have an incredible time. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the event.

Colleen M said...

Just checked your blog today:(

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope you enjoyed Victoria. She's a sweetie. I've met her a few times, and she was at one of my guilds this summer.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018