Monday, September 29

Couldn't hang this on the line.........

Someone made this cute potholder set to hang on their kitchen wall. I couldn't hang it on the line because it just didn't show up well enough, so I laid it on a background piece. This treasure is a little item that I got for just $1.00 at the flea market at the Grand Opening of HeArt of Henderson.

When I saw it on the table, it caught my eye and I knew I was looking at a vintage piece of stitching! I flipped the potholders over and there were the marking lines for stitching that showed on the back of the pieces. The embroidery on this is quite nice. The potholders hang from snaps sewn onto a fabric covered piece of wood that has rings sewn on it for hanging. I just think this is adorable!


Here are some more photos from the opening of HeArt of Henderson, owned by friends Lisa Von Lehe and Sue Kraemer. If you live nearby, you must check out their shop! Look for this building on Main Street in Henderson............


For the Grand Opening this past Saturday, there were lots of tables full of goodies in the area behind the shop...........


I liked that pink horse........but I didn't buy it.  ;-)


Beautiful glass ornaments made by local artist Andrew Hunt...........


A box full of treasures......and I chose the little lady with packages and the brown salt and pepper set!


And if my husband wasn't allergic to cats, little Mable (the kitten in the upper right corner) would have come home with me. She was so sweet. The little boy who was giving away the kittens said that she was the best one in the group, that the little black kittens were too scared. His mom was selling items and he was there to try to find good homes for his kittens. Too cute......both the little boy and the kitten!


This old-time scythe reminded me of my grandpa using one of these long ago and of our neighbor, Harry Harrington using one. I can still see Harry using a scythe to cut down weeds up in his back yard. He was a short man and the scythe was almost taller than he was!


On my way home, I stopped at the library and turned toward Main Street and saw this. Walked down the street so I could get this photo. The fall colors are gorgeous this year!


And last thing of the day on Saturday was a stop at our church to put on the coffee for coffee hour after Sunday service. I was there right at noon so the carillion in the steeple was playing hymns. It is such a pretty sound. Makes me feel like I am in Europe when I hear them playing.


I've got a busy week ahead. I will be gathering up my quilts and deciding which ones to take home for the quilt show in Lehigh this coming weekend. Here's the scoop on the event.


I'll be leaving hubby and Kaiser the Wonder Beage at home to keep the "home fires burning" while I'm away. Looking forward to a fun weekend filled with quilts, visiting with my mother, brother and friends. Good way to start the week knowing what a great weekend is ahead!
Have a good Monday and a great week!
Sandi

4 comments:

Christine M said...

What a wonderful find your pot holder is. It is gorgeous, Sandi.

Karen said...

The Dutch boy and girl potholder set is a good find. Would have been something that caught my eye and been a purchase had I been there.

Marie said...

I love the picture of your church ... so far this fall has been colorful!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love your little vintage piece. It is so cute!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018