Saturday, February 1

The wind blew in a change or two!

Oh, my! What do you think of my "new look"?  My son Devlin came out to visit this weekend just for fun and .......because the wind wasn't blowing and no snow was falling so travel was easy! And speaking of easy......he can do graphic design stuff so quickly and all I had to do was choose a few pictures, then sit back and let him do the work! There's still some more "tweeking" that I'll do with text colors and stuff but this is our start.
I'm so excited to have a "fresh look" for my blog because I think it will inspire me to get back to blogging. You all may remember that back on January 1st, I was hopeful that I would get back to "regular blogging".  Uh, clearly that has not happened. In a nutshell, here's what has been going on the past few weeks.......

First week of January started off quite nicely. We enjoyed watching the annual Tournament of Roses Parade and as always I said...."someday I want to go there in person!"  I want to see how they take all those flowers and make those lovely floats. I also wouldn't mind getting away from cold weather. And yes, we have had more than our share of it this past month. Schools have closed more than a couple of times due to the below zero weather that had -40 degree windchills with it. Luckily, we did not have to be "out and about" on any of the bad weather days. I started a new group at our church (St. Pauls' UCC here in Henderson, MN) called the "Caring Circle". We tied three small quilts in our first meetings (there's an afternoon group and an evening group).  I got my block of the month project started in our Henderson "Sew and Share" group that meets the second Thursday of each month at the Henderson Library. I am sharing my Christmas fabrics so we can all make the project in Christmas colors! Have wanted to do this for a long time and this was the year to do it. So, all that sounds pretty good, right?
But, in between some of those things, we were off to the vet with Kaiser and then to the doctor for me. Kaiser had to have a bit of exploratory surgery as it was thought he had a tumor but it appears it's his liver, very enlarged. So he's on some meds that will comfort him and we'll take it one day at a time. My issue is ... ugh ... a hernia related to surgery I had two years ago. The day after Kaiser had his surgery and we'd been up most of the night with him.......I had to tell Steve that I was not well. A quick call to my doctor, shared my symptoms and was told to go to the nearest emergency room. So, off we went. Some blood tests and a CTScan gave some answers, then a visit for a surgical consult led to setting a surgery date for hernia repair. And guess what.........it will be my Valentine's Day gift! LOL!  That's right, surgery will be the highlight of my day. Don't think I'll have any desire for chocolates. All I want is to get fixed up and then home so I can get back to all the quilting, family, volunteering, church, library, friends, fun stuff of life!

And now.........we're done with the blogging thing for tonight and time to watch a movie and enjoy some popcorn.........
Back soon!
Sandi





10 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the new look, Sandi! Definitely nicer than the other one. :) Good job, Devlin.
Good luck with the surgery and get well soon!

Diane Wild said...

Like the new look. Nice to have a techi to do that stuff. See you soon.

Margie said...

Your new look is really nice!!! Wish I had some young person around to help me with mine, it really needs an upgrade. So nice to have you back and hope all goes well for you!!

P.S. Am using some of that material that was in the prize pkg. for a project. Will post pictures when its a little farther along.

rag55 said...

I do like the new look, very colorful and bright!!!! Wish you well for your upcoming surgery and quick recovery!!! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Nice new look! Wish I had someone to help me out with that. But I am luck enough that we missed those last three weeks of MN weather. We're on our way home now.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope the surgery goes well.

Beth said...

I hope you are not too uncomfortable while waiting for surgery. And of course I hope you have a speedy recovery from surgery.
I do hope Kaiser is feeling better.
You have been busy already this year!!!

Unknown said...

Like the new look. Nice to have a techi to do that stuff. See you soon.Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

Marit Johanne said...

I liked your new look! Best wishes for the surgery, I hope you will get well soon.

Pat said...

Prayers for your surgery on Friday!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018