Thursday, August 16

In vacation mode!

Well, I went off to retreat last weekend which was actually my summer vacation. It was just three days and it was wonderful. I got so relaxed that I just kept relaxing after I got home. It took four days to unpack my car, not because it was so much stuff but because I only brought in a couple bags/projects at a time. LOL!  Then I had a dental appointment and an allergy appointment and I thought maybe I should do a little housecleaning so I just didn't get around to blogging. I realized it was high-time I did just that!
I'm going to share photos from our retreat later this weekend. Today I wanted to share about the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop. For those of you that live in Minnesota, you know it's a great opportunity to visit lots of shops, have a chance for fabulous prizes and there is always a great Minnesota themed fabric and lots of sample projects at the shops. I've made projects for Firefly*Quilt*Shop the last couple of years but I knew this year I wouldn't have time because of class and family reunions. However, I stopped into Firefly just days before the event began and took some photos. The event began last weekend and continues through August 19. Here a peek at the fun projects that you'll find at Firefly ....





If you love the lakes, loons, cabins, and Minnesota, you will love the fabrics that are offered this year. And there's even some that are still available from last year. This is the tabletopper that I designed last year and some kits are still available. They're right there in that loon basket. I won it at a quilt meeting and loaned it to owner Janice because it is just soooooo Minnesota! 
Fabrics for the line weren't available for sale yet but I did pick up a little something at the shop............
One can never have too many seam rippers. I liked this one because the white tip is soft and it's intended use is to rub away the little bits of thread after you use the seam ripper. It works! I was able to use it at retreat. LOL!  Back soon then with photos of our relaxing and fun-filled retreat!
Have a great Friday! I'm loving the cool crisp air that we are enjoying here in Minnesota!
Sandi

3 comments:

Doreen said...

Those fabrics are so awesome! No opportunity to do the shop hop;-( Hope to come across some of the fabric in the local MN shops in the days to come. Beautiful work! Hugs, D

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

While in MN this weekend, we went to two of the shops in the hop. =) One in Worthington and one in Hayward.

Dianne Mitzel said...

I love the shop pictures, and the orange walls, it's neat how orange is almost a neutral when it comes to showing off quilts..

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018