Monday, March 26

What's on the line......sort of.......

Once again, there is nothing "on the line" but soon, I'll "get my groove" back and there will be quilts and pretties to hang on the line and share with all of you.  In the meantime, I thought I'd share this quilt that I made in 2002...............

It hangs on the wall in our family room. I designed the blocks and then shared them with a group of friends at my church. Almost all the fabrics in this quilt are from Cranston Prints. I chose them because I liked them and didn't pay any attention to tone or value. Sometimes that works out fine and sometimes not. In this case, it seems to work. The quilt was machine-quilted by Sara Peterson. You can't see the quilting well at all but it's really nice. Anyway...........as I have been working/sorting in my sewing room, I have come across several unfinished projects. Actually, there are more than several but ........  I found a basket full of blue fabrics that I had gathered together a couple years ago so that I could make this quilt design all in blue and white. I plan to do just the blocks, not the verse section. I realized that I really liked the blue and white fabrics and decided it would be a good project to work on in the coming weeks. I'm going to make the first block today!  If you'd like the block patterns for this quilt, they are available in my yahoo group.........Season's BOM. Just click on the Angel button on the sidebar and you can join the group. :-) 
I guess this means I'll have a "blue Monday" if I'm working on a blue and white quilt. Sounds good to me! Have a good Monday whatever the color of your project and a great start to the week!
Sandi



4 comments:

Crafts4others said...

love the quilt. I have always been a fan of the sampler quilts.

Beth said...

Great quilt. Can't wait to see your blue and white version.
Take care.

Astrid said...

Love the quilt, it's beautiful! Not a bad idea with a 'Blue Monday'.. :)
Wonderful quilty week to you!

Snoodles said...

Just love that quilt, but I'm looking forward to seeing the blue and white one! I've always been partial to blue! :) Glad to hear you had good news on the medical front, and hope you are resting better now.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018