Tuesday, November 30

OPAM UPDATE!

I just want to say "Thank you" to Peg and Kris, the hosts of the OPAM challenge. I may have not kept up with posting to my "finishes" list on my sidebar but I was finishing projects these last few months. Here's what I finished last Friday night...........It's just a big pillow for the back of my sewing chair but I started it last Christmas!! It was a square panel that my mom gave me years ago and I finally decided I would hand-stitch along all the crazy quilting lines in the panel. I used Perle cotton to do the stitching. I finished the stitching part way last winter and it lounged in my "to do" pile until last Friday when I finally sewed it up and slipped it over a pillow form. This wasn't the only project that required just a bit of stitching to be finished. Oh, no, there were lots of "almost finished items" in my "to do" pile. I had a pincushion I finally finished, another pillow, sewed casings on wallhangings, handles on a totebag, even added labels to a couple projects. Sometimes the finishes were so small that I couldn't see bothering to take a photo of them. I was just glad to know they were done. I'm hoping to finish a few more little odds and ends on projects in the next few weeks so I might have a little more to show at the end of December. It was fun to sign up for the OPAM challenge. While there was a chance for prizes, I was happy just to finish projects so that was prize enough for me! Thanks, again, Kris and Peg!!
Sandi

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sandi thank you so very much....that really makes both of us feel so good....and to feel good but a finish is what it is all about...well done and I just love the cushion...

Crispy said...

A lovely pillow!! Aren't finishing things the best feeling ever? LOL

Crispy

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018