Friday, September 18

I definitely have the flu.....

in fact, it might even be H1N1 flu. The doctor did the swab test and in 7- 10 days I'll be notified if it is or isn't. She's pretty sure it is just because of the symptoms I've had. Either way, it's the flu and it's not fun. I decided to go to the doctor because I wasn't able to control the coughing. She said "you must not be able to sleep" and I said "that's right", so she prescribed a strong cough medicine which seems to help a bit. Because of the possibility it's H1N1 and I have this cough, I got strict orders to go home and stay there til the cough is gone. That's because they (medical folk) have determined it's more "airborne" than initially thought. I am suspecting that I caught this bug, whatever strain it is, at the State Fair. It fits the time-frame to a "T". And interestingly, my daughter who went to fair the day before we did is also sick. She's been diagnosed with bronchitus. We both just want the cough to go away.

I thought I was going to be setting up an exhibit of some of my vintage quilts at the Henderson Library tonight as it's Heritage Days in Henderson this weekend. After consulting with members of the library group, we decided it was best to just post a notice apologizing for my illness and recommend to those interested in quilts to go up to the Sibley County Historical Society and check out the quilts there. Sometimes the best-laid plans just don't work out. However, I won't be bored. You'll find me in my sewing room this weekend, taking my meds, getting some rest and hoping that by Monday the cough is gone. I have a program to do for the Prior Lake Quilters on Monday evening so I need to be well by then! Already thinking about what Plan B will be if the cough is still lingering.
Hope you have a good weekend. I am planning a quiet one!

Sandi

13 comments:

Pat said...

Take good care of yourself. I have heard that if people get fluids and rest, most folks can battle this flu just as successfully as any other "normal" flu. I'm sure you'll get some things done now this weekend of your own that you'd not otherwise have gotten done with the local heritage event taking up your time....so that is the silver lining, I guess, in this cloud.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Sandi, you just can't win, can you? I am so sorry to hear you are down once again. Rest a lot and take care of yourself. Everything else can wait!

MGM

Kaye said...

I know how you are feeling as I always tend to get bronchitis when I get a cold or flu. I have COPD and have to be careful. The nagging cough is simply awful, all I do is cough and spurrt, cough and spurt. I can't go anywhere till its gone. Just be careful to take care of yourself as you don't want it to go into pneumonia.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Be sure to take it easy this weekend and drink your fluids and take your medicine. Have fun in your sewing room :^)

Jocelyn said...

Take care of yourself. Don't overdo and get well quickly!

antique quilter said...

oh I hope you feel better, glad your sleeping now at least.
take care of yourself.
can't wait to see what your sewing!
Kathie

luv2quilt2 said...

Take care and pamper yourself.

Crispy said...

Oh Sandi, you poor thing!! You just take care of yourself, with lots of naps and fluids. All your friends will understand that you are ill and are homebound, though it must be awfully hard for such an active lady as you are :0)

Crispy

Needled Mom said...

Yes, you best lay low until you feel better. Even if it wasn't the H1N1 it would be a shame to expose others to the nastiness of it all. Take care of yourself and enjoy some good sewing (and a little rest).

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Hope you both feel better soon.

Cleary (Cie) said...

Sandi,
Oh boy! I hope you are feeling much better soon. Have a quiet weekend sewing.
Huggs,
Cleary K.

Rachel said...

Poor Sandi! You must be feeling just miserable. I was sick for weeks in August with a cough and aching. My husband teased me that it was H1N1 because I had the symptoms, but I didn't bother to go to the doctor. That cough just held on for over a month and made sleeping, working out, and even walking up stairs so hard. I could barely catch my breath.

You take care of yourself! You don't want to be out of commission again - and we'd miss you!

tami said...

Hope you feel better soon.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018