Wednesday, November 19

A Good Day............

Yes, it was a good day. Some might not call a day that is cold (about 25 degrees) and windy and no sun a good day, but I didn't have to go out except to walk the dog today so weather didn't bother me. I got to stay nice and cozy at home as it was my turn for Bible Study. I had baked a cake, had the coffee on and we had a good afternoon. That's the cake on the right. Looks better than it tasted. It's just a dark-chocolate cake mix with fudge frosting. That was to plain so to give it some added flavor, I smashed (yep, smashed) a box of peanut brittle and sprinkled it around the cake top. My friends all said it tasted really good but I am not so sure I liked it although it seemed like a good idea at the time.
We had an interesting lesson from Ecclesiates Chapters 11 and 12, that provided some interesting conversation and thoughts considering the current state of economic affairs here in the U.S.


When we finished, we all pitched in to fill the stockings from our "Sew and Share" project. I was lucky last week and found Halloween candy at Target at 75% off and bought several big bags. We filled each stocking with a coloring book, colors, three gel pens and lots of candy.


And here is what they looked like when they were all filled. Twenty six of them will go off to Iowa for flood victims plus the assorted items in front of the stockings. A dozen will go to our local toy drive here in Sibley County.

In addition to the stockings, I had also purchased (from donated funds) hats and gloves to go with the many scarves made in our Sew and Share group. Total of twenty six sets with twenty going off to Iowa and six to our county. This project is coming to a close and I will finally get the last of the pictures posted on the Sew and Share blog sometime this coming weekend.

And in my spare time, I have been working on my little doll quilt and I am really liking it alot. Pictures when it is finished. Also working on my Secret Santa project that is a penny rug and I have one ornament to mail off for a swap so I am keepin' up with my swap committments.
I am not, though, getting any pictures posted of that trip to Turkey I keep talking about. That is partly because I have been looking for the journal I kept from that trip and I cannot locate the box that it is in. I have decided that I am making a bigger mess by looking for it, than if I just unpack boxes and put stuff away. And then, you know what? I'll find the journal when I am not looking for it! You know that's how it happens! We have several boxes marked "books" and one of those is the travel books and journals I kept. Soon I'll find what I'm looking for........ but in the meantime, here is a small wall quilt that I was inspired to make after that visit to Turkey. It is called "Turkish Delight" and I'll tell you the story of the quilt tomorrow. It's a detailed story and requires a post all it's own.
End of a good day! Night all........
Sandi

4 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

That photo of everything is totally unbelievable. So incredible! Good for you and your friends. One thing about you Sandi is you are ALWAYS doing things for other people. I admire you so much.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How nice of you to do all that for the kids. I love the photo of all the stockings and then the hats and mittens. Very nice of you!!

Samantha said...

The cake does look scrumptious...
And your stocking project is just wonderful, I'm sure they will brighten the holiday for all of the children who receive them... Bless you...

Gayle said...

Absolutely wonderful...you and your friends have kind hearts. :-)

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018