Wednesday, July 4

Happy Independence Day!

It is going to be one hot 4th of July here in Minnesota!!!!!!! We are experiencing some of the warmest temps in a long time. Today we are expected to hit the high of 100! Right about the time my husband is going to be grilling burgers! All the pies and cakes are baked, potato salad is made, beans are ready to put in the crockpot.......yep, we are ready to dine on the deck. Nope........Going to eat inside. Just too hot to sit outside and sweat.
So, in anticipation of company......we cleaned our front porch last Friday and added some flags and patriotic bows to get into the spirit of celebration!
We were so glad we cleaned it that day because it's the last time the temp was normal!  Every day since then has been hotter than the day before. We are to see the highest temp on Thursday!
I always like to have some critter sitting on my little brown chair and I usually pick a bear or bunny. This time, I went to the toy closet and decided that "Clifford, the Big Red Dog" was the perfect critter for the 4th of July! He's wearing just the right color!!
The one thing I don't have yet is real flowers. We were going to some planting this spring and then I had all those health issues. Still working through some of that stuff. So, in the absence of real flowers, I "grow" really lovely artificial flowers.............
Long may she wave..........the flag of the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!
Have a Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!
Sandi

4 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Happy 4th to you - stay inside where it's cool! Your porch is lovely.

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you a very Happy 4th!

annemarie said...

I think you are having our Texas weather! My son and family are in Minnesota right now - they said Minnesota temps were higher than they were in Dallas the day they departed - hard to believe. Weather seems to be crazy all over the place. I hope you enjoyed your fourth despite the heat!

Snoodles said...

Hope you had a lovely time - sounds like you were really prepared! I like to do that, too, and then I can enjoy my company more! LOL
Love your pretty porch!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018