Tuesday, September 22

Where was I?

That's right. Where was I? I mean, I was blogging along and then the flu bug dropped in and I had all these "ducks in a row" and now they are all over the pond! I am trying to get the "ducks all in a row" again but finding that it is not so easy. No more excuses, though. Things could always be worse. I am actually feeling much better in spite of continued flu symptoms and the need to take more naps than I'd like to. My voice is sounding less and less like Kermit the frog although I don't think I'll be hitting any high notes in the next few days. However, since most of what I've done is sleep these last few days, I haven't done anything really blogworthy and haven't taken any photos. So what can I tell you about?
Hmmm, well, I was feeling good enough to get back to cutting charm squares from my Christmas fabrics tonight! I've been putting them in piles to go off to some of you blogging friends who are waiting for them! I started the cutting a couple of weeks ago when my husband was home on vacation. I found that while he was home on vacation that he got a lot done but I, well, not so much. It's good to have him back at work. :-) As I was cutting my Christmas fabrics, there were a couple that caught my eye and I knew they would look good used in the stockings challenge that Pat Sloan has going on at her website. It's another one of those "have been printing out the patterns and going to do them one of these days" projects. I was ending up with lots of scraps of fabrics so I started making the first stocking ......... then the second one. Finished them both in one night. I was hooked. Every evening while my husband was on vacation, I finished off a little stocking. Just like I can see Gail Pan's "Christmas Wish" blocks in a wall quilt for my pink bedroom, I can see these stockings in a wall quilt that will hang by my front door. I plan to fill the stockings with candy canes and add other fun buttons and bits. They stockings were easy to do and I had fun using trims and buttons to really make them "pop". Here are the finished ones up to this point...........If you want to make these just move it on over to Pat's WEBSITE and you'll find the patterns! Thanks, Pat!



















































My Christmas stash covers the years of 1976 up to today. I thought I'd brought all the Christmas prints upstairs to my sewing room and tonight I went to the basement looking for some fall leaf fabrics and found another box full of Christmas fabrics! Over the years, I bought lots of Fat Quarters and 1/4 and 1/2 yard and, you know, some of them are really cute!
I also found the fall fabric, thank goodness! Especially, since this is the first day of Fall/Autumn for many of us. We got a nice refreshing rain which made the leaves on the trees sparkle. Just a bit of orange and a touch of yellow are beginning to show up now. I'll be back later this afternoon when Autumn officially arrives and share another post.
Have a good day!
Sandi

11 comments:

Nihal said...

Thanks so much for Christmas in September, Sandi:) The gorgeous reds and greens of these stockings are resplendent in rich that I am just in love, and could not take my eyes off.

And yes, I did find signs of autumn in my town as well. Raining, raining nonstops! Have a lovely day & Happy Autumn to you and yours:)

Ida13 said...

Sandi, try the calcium + vitamine C for your flu. That is the best!

Crispy said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Sandi. The christmas socks are so cute!!

Crispy

luv2quilt2 said...

So glad you're feeling better. The stockings will make a great display.

Anonymous said...

Seeing your stockings makes me want to make some. I have a pattern that will arrive from a friend who is swapping some things with me. Perhaps I'll put it to use and actually sew, lol, instead of just thinking about it. I hope soon you are completely over the flu bug for good.

Just Susan said...

The stockings are really cute Sandi. I print lots of patterns, too. Glad you are feeling better. ~Susan

Karen said...

I am reading more & more about flu on the blog posts. Not fun stuff for sure! Hope you are soon well and can sew all you want and then some more.

Needled Mom said...

I'm glad to read that you are feeling better, Sandi. Did your daughter end up getting it too?

The Christmas stockings are so cute.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better.. I too was choking with a cold last week and starting to get back on the mend this week. Over the last few weeks I have been procrastinating over my quilting projects. I need to get my butt in gear and start on my Christmas projects too!!!

The Christmas stockings are adorable!!! If you started you stash that far back, then you have quite an impressive stash I'm sure!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Wendy said...

Sandi, glad to hear that things are better...the stockings are sooo cute...autumn already, that means Christmas is just around the corner...so many projects, so little time.. take care of yourself..hugs

Nanette Merrill said...

Yes, we should all be doing Christmas in September. Especially me! But I bow out this year despite my promises. Good to see someone else carrying the bar.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018