Tuesday, November 25

A package in my mailbox!

I had to go to the dentist yesterday afternoon so I took along my little Snowman doll quilt and the Holly Penny Rug swap projects that I made. You see, my dental hygenist, Dana, is also a quilter so it was necessary to take along my "show 'n tell". She was very happy that I did. :-) Our conversation made having my teeth cleaned seem like fun!
From the dentist, I stopped in to visit our postmistress, Connie, because she is also a quilter. I wanted to show her what I made and get advice on how to package and send the items. Today both packages went in the mail and are now on their way to their new owners.
When I got home, I stopped to pick up the mail at the box and was surprised to see a nice big envelope and I knew it was either the Secret Santa Swap or the Doll quilt swap.

The package came from Marian in Australia. I couldn't wait to open it......................

and it was the Doll quilt swap! The quilt that Marian made is perfect for me! I love 30's and this will look so nice in a doll cradle in my green bedroom with all my 30's quilts and vintage toys and teddy bears. There were also two fat quarters, some floss and a great Australian patchwork magazine. I am so pleased. I don't have a blog address for Marian so I will be sending a thank you to her via snail mail. :-)
Busy day tomorrow........pies and goodies to make. Tonight I made peanut butter balls, then refrigerated them and tomorrow will dip them in chocolate. They're my son's favorite holiday treat so I am making up a batch that he can take home with him and share some where he works. The recipe was in a Ladies Home Journal years ago and is called Buckeye Balls but they should be called Reese's Taste-a-likes. :-)
I'll be back with a little post tomorrow and a turkey photo to share - but not from our trip to Turkey. This is a big turkey but it's not going to be anyone's dinner on Thanksgiving day. Come back tomorrow and you'll see what he looks like. :-)
Time for a little stitching..........
Sandi
a little note........Later today, I'll post the peanut butter balls recipe and, also, I just got my doll swappers blog address and have sent Marian a thank you. You can check out her blog at Dreamweaver. :-)

5 comments:

Kritta22 said...

You are a lucky girl! What a fun swap!

Val said...

I love to get special things in the mail. You are blessed. I would love to have the recipe for the peanut butter balls. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

Just stopped in from the DQS list and saw that you're a fellow Minnesotan, so I thought I'd say hello!

Nanette Merrill said...

That doll quilt is incredible. I love it. What a nice swap. Peanut butter balls sounds like something my husband would love.

Samantha said...

The Australian Patchwork and Stitching is one of my favorite magazines- always has really beautiful projects!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018