Monday, June 16

Blog, blog, bloggin along............

So how many of you are old enough to remember that song about the robin that goes "bob, bob, bobbin along?" If you are, then you know the tune and can understand why it would fit the title of this post on my blog. And it's not just this blog that I am writing these days. Once I figured out how to do this, I realized it's a very useful thing. It really helps get the thoughts organized and gets information to those who need it. Last night in addition to posting here, I set up a new blog called "Sew and Share". Starting with the call from my sister last Friday morning I was trying to figure out how I might do something to help, to make a difference following the severe flooding in southeast Iowa. So I sent out a prayer request and also, a call for those who might be interested in doing some sewing for the flood victims. I asked those who were interested to reply with "Will sew and share" in the subject box. I had received 15 replies as of yesterday evening so I decided the time had come to get organized! I set up a blog describing what we could do. I waited til this morning to send the info because I wanted to set a sewing date and use the community room at City Hall on Saturday, July 12. I asked my Bible study friends if they would provide lunch and they said "yes" (well, actually Doris "spoke" for the group but we knew they'd all help out). So I finalized the info and sent the e-mail about the blog on it's way. If you want to know more about the project go to http://sewandshare.blogspot.com/ and you'll find everything you need to know about how you can lend a hand and make a difference to someone in need. All of those who responded are not just here in Minnesota. In fact only about half are from MN. There are stitchers from the east and west coast, northwest, southeast, etc. willing to sew and share. Additionally, Deb L. of California, asked if it would be a good thing to set up a yahoo group by the same name where we can post pattern files, links, more pictures, etc. Deb volunteered to set it up so when you go to the sewandshare blog, you'll find the link to the yahoo group. Check it out! Time to end my day at the computer. By the way, that song about the robin - just what is the title of that song?

No comments:

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018