Monday, December 22

What to do with all those Christmas Cards?

Today, I finished all of my Christmas cards. I put most of them in the mail but some were finished to late to make it into today's mail and won't go out til tomorrow morning. Odds are that they will not get to their destination by Christmas. I remind myself........it's the thought that counts. :-) Just like the collection of Christmas books that I have, I also have quite a collection of Christmas cards. In the first years of our marriage, I didn't save every card but I kept a lot of them. Some of them found there way into decoupage projects like this one in the photo below. This is one that we received in the early 1970's and it wasn't long after we got it that I decoupaged it to a scrap of wood. I hang this up every year. My daughter especially remembers this one. That floral design around the baby Jesus is definitely 1970's.

If my memory serves me right, this was a card that my mother and dad sent to us. It just brings me joy when I see this. I love the message, I hum the song, I think of Christmases past and remember the JOY. And I look forward to more Christmases full of JOY! This is just the most wonderful time of the year. :-) So, what do you do with all of your Christmas cards? I have thought about making a large collage of the ones that I like best. However, I have a lot of them that I really like. LOL!  Am thinking of what I might do that would be a special way to preserve some of them. An idea will come to me.........
Tomorrow it's time for making a special treat and listening to Christmas Carols. Hope you are enjoying some special tradition for your holidays!
Sandi

7 comments:

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!

Kate said...

I wish I knew what to do with our Christmas cards!

Anonymous said...

Each year I wrestle with the same thought! I go through all the cards after Christmas, making sure the addresses are current and I've taken the photos out but, then, I look at all the lovely drawings, notes, letters and signatures and mentally total the time and $$$ spent to send these wonderful greetings that ultimately have only one destination. Oh, I do keep a significant number of them thinking that they would make great future quilt projects....but do they??? Probably not but I don't feel quite as guilty when I do put them out to recycle!!!

thimblevee said...

If the inside cover is blank and smooth my Mother and I use them to write recipes on - as a makeshift recipe card. They are sweet reminders of past Christmases, even if we don't remember the exact sender.

Christine M said...

I love what you did with that special Christmas card. It is gorgeous. Merry Christmas, Sandi.

Needled Mom said...

Merry Christmas, Sandi. My cards went out yesterday - a little late, I know.

Judy1522 said...

I hope that you share your idea when you decide what to do with your Christmas cards. I save all the really special ones and it would be great to have a way to display them each year.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018