Wednesday, December 10

Christmas Trivia and Treats!

It was another great day! Baked up some sugar cookies this morning and while they baked, I wrapped a couple of packages that I needed to mail to my sister-in-law. I picked up my friend Doris and we headed over to Fairview Assisted Living to visit with the ladies. They enjoyed the cookies.........


and the pretty quilts, ornaments and other pretties............

and then we played a little bit of Christmas Trivia. I found this deck of cards at the Dollar Tree store and thought that might just be a bit of fun. We played it yesterday, too, and some folks have a really good memory for Christmas movies, stories, etc!! This was my last volunteer activity. When I said that to my husband and then to Collette this evening, they thought I wasn't going to volunteer for things anymore. I said "no, no, I just mean it's my last volunteer activity for this year!" LOL!
Collette called and I am happy to report that she is doing so much better. Stronger meds are helping and I think, too, that just knowing what is wrong helps one to cope with pain. And the prospect of knowing that you will get better helps, too!
Half the ornaments are on the our tree! I have been so busy lately that I guess I have kind of "run out of steam" on my tree. I put on a few ornaments, listen to some carols, maybe get a cup of hot cocoa, write a Christmas card, put on a few ornaments, repeat. LOL! I tend to decorate the tree slowly because I just love looking at some of the ornaments and remembering where we were when we got certain ones and when others were made. It is such a fun trip down Memory Lane!
Want to say "THANK YOU" to all of you that have recently left comments and shared concern for Collette. I really appreciate it! And here's a little secret........as I mentioned the first of this month, I am determined to blog every day in December. And the secret is this.......everyone who comments in December will be entered in a drawing for something fun and my Random Number Man will draw the winner on December 31st, New Year's Eve. And every comment will go in the drawing, so the more you comment, the more chances to win. I have not done a giveaway in ages so I thought it was about time to do one. It'll be a "out with the old, in with the new" awesome little giveaway. But remember, it's a secret. Hee hee............
Looking forward to lunch with my friend, Sue, on Thursday. I'll have some great photos to share of some of the awesome things at the shop that she and Lisa keep filling with goodies. HeArt of Henderson is the place and wait till you see the fun stuff they have on display!
Time to relax........
Sandi

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely post full of wonderful sharing with the seniors and a bit of "optimism"/positive thoughts regarding Collette. Life issues are not easy at any time of the year but at the Holidays they seem to magnify as we have a tendency to look around and appears that everyone else has that "perfect life"! Ha! Enjoy your myriad of preparations one ornament at a time!!!! Hugs...........

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We don't have any ornaments on our tree, yet. My youngest son is coming in next week for a few days, and asked that we wait for him to decorate the tree. We all jumped at that, since none of us wanted to decorate the tree. I still have tons of other decorations sitting on the dining room table, waiting for me to put the out.

Angie said...

It is wonderful that you go and take Christmas greetings and cheer to those in the Senior Center. There are a lot of lonely people in our world. Merry Christmas

Sarah or Semmy said...

Oh my, that fudge looks so tasty. Would you share how you make it with us? Bless you for going to the homes and sharing with the seniors. The looks on their faces when someone does something nice for them is priceless.

Beth said...

You are a truly wonderful person Sandi. I always have good intentions.....not always so good on the actual doing. (sounds like a good new year's resolution).
Glad that Collette is feeling better.

grandmatomato said...

Glad your daughter is doing better, That was a scare for all pf you. I need the energy you have ti do all the things you do.

scottylover said...

Glad to hear that Collete is doing better! Will have to see if I can find the trivia card game at a store near here. We are having our holiday party at work next week and it would be fun to have on hand!

Sandy A

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day, Sandi.

Judy1522 said...

Glad your daughter finally is getting relief for her back. Your cookies look yummy and it is always fun to play trivia games. Sometimes you surprise yourself with what you know.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018