Monday, June 17

What's on the line?

A little quilt that was made by my mother, Mary, is on the line today............
 
This was a remnant that she bought of a panel fabric that had all these cute houses and little quilts on it. She added a top and bottom strip of fabric, hand-quilted the piece and then added colorful yo-yo's. She did a lot of little quilting projects in the last few years but now her hands just don't stitch as well so she doesn't do any quilting anymore. She still likes to crochet, although she hasn't done any since moving to the Care Center. She told me, though, that she's going to "get back to it soon". I hope so, as it really is something that helps pass the time.
I went home to Iowa this past weekend to vist my mom and took her to the Lehigh Public School Alumni banquet. We had a good time and visited with lots of old friends!
Today will be a day for laundry and cleaning as we have friends visiting from California tomorrow, plus it's my husband's birthday so I should probably bake a cake. Such a busy summer already and so much I was planning to blog about and just can't get to it! I've decided not to make any more promises about being a more regular blogger........sporadic blogging is now my new regular. LOL!
Back soon.......
Sandi

5 comments:

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonito trabajo!!!!

Beth said...

Such a cute littel quilt. Love the quilts on a line on a quilt on the line. LOL
Don't worry....life gets busy. We will be here when you haqve time to blog a bit.
Glad you Mom is doing ok.

Grammasheri said...

sweet, simple and colorful. I really like it! All the best to your mom, and I hope she does pick up her crocheting again.

Mary Ann said...

Cute little quilt. Enjoy your time in Iowa.

Annelein said...

What a lovely quilt your mother made... Such a sweet remembering of her.

Enjoy all the visits from friends and family...

And thanx again for the giveaway I won in 2009. I still cherish some of the things I won. Some ar allready used... but I still have the picture of all the stuff you send....

I was just reading in my blog about this and thought....lets visit Sandi's blog.

Nice greetings,
Willeke
The Netherlands...

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018