Thursday, October 11

Remember that I mentioned kitchen curtains.......

Well, here they are. Finished. Done. Have been for about four weeks but I just never got the photo posted. This is the valance over my kitchen window..........
and to the right of that window is the breakfast table area. I had the plaid fabric in my stash and just loved it. Found the green linen like fabric at Hancock Fabrics and it was perfect with the plaid.
I also mentioned I was making curtains for the basement TV room. Finished those a couple weeks ago. My husband loves NASCAR and these were the scraps from the NASCAR quilt that I made for him. He really likes the curtains. :-)
He wanted tie-backs for the curtains so I suggested bungi cords. At first, he didn't think that was so cool. Then he decided maybe it was okay after all. :-)
I took some time to make a block for a comfort quilt that Victoria pulled together over on her blog. The color pallette was so pretty. You can see the finished quilt here .
When I went to the post office to mail the quilt block, I snapped this photo of our local City Hall. Love that big beautiful tree...........
The colors have been quite pretty in spite of our dry conditions here in Minnesota. I snapped these deer as they wander through the yard last weekend.........


Took this photo another day....looked like the backyard was fairly glowing as the sun hit the trees! I love, love, love Autumn!

And since I am in Iowa...........I took along a project to do......

I pinned the banner to some batting, quickly did a little quilting around the edge and brought it along to embellish with some threads and glitter paint. Going to hang it on my porch on Halloween. Only a couple weeks til the big Spooky Night!
Will be home soon.........
Sandi

10 comments:

Debbie said...

The plaid trim on those curtains is so attractive, Sandi! Goes well with the checkered tablecloth, too. Nice to see you're enjoying the scenery and nature during your trip!

Me and My Stitches said...

All of your curtains look great. Love your little travel project too! Hope you are enjoying your time in Iowa and hopefully you are hitting a few quilt shops!

Joanne Lendaro said...

curtains look great!! love all of the photo's!

Doreen said...

Love the curtains....so perfect! and the NASCAR/bungie idea is so great! Lovely Autumn pics!!

Needled Mom said...

The colors there look so pretty as do the wonderful curtains. Nice work.

Beth said...

Your curtains look great! I need to do something in my kitchen, but can't find anything I like. Maybe I will try to make some....dare I ?

Lindah said...

Loooove your curtains. All of them. The bungee ties are perfect there. Thanks for including the fall color photos. Fall is my favorite time of year. You get so much more color in your area.

Lady Jane said...

Love the curtains. Bungie Cords... What a great idea and I bet will be a great talking point. LJ

Nanette Merrill said...

Minnesota is on my list of places to visit sometime. Look at you getting your curtains done! Impressive.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love the bungie tiebacks. My hubby also has racing curtains in his area of the basement.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018