Wednesday, March 28

Got the Blues!!!

That's right. I've "got the blues" but I'm not sad. Nope. I'm glad. If you read my last post, you know that I mentioned, I was going to make another sampler quilt in all blue fabrics. I had found a basket full of blue fabrics that I had pulled together some time ago.
At the top of the fabrics in the basket was a bundle wrapped in a pretty blue fabric and when I unwrapped that bundle, here's what I found...........
I had already cut the pieces for eight blocks and chose the fabric for the final four!!  WOW! My work was almost done! I can barely remember cutting these fabrics but I must have. Either that or the Good Fabric Fairy was playing in my stash. LOL! I had even started sewing this one...........
The fan was stitched and all I had to do was add the lace trim and applique the fan to the backing square. I finished it by adding the side strips and corners. I am not sure how I will set the blocks together but I'll figure that out when they are finished. All the blocks were wrapped in the pretty blue fabric that the block is sitting on. I think I will use it as a border and also the backing. So, as you can see, I "got the blues" yesterday but they were happy blues!!

There was no time to sew another block today as I had a doctor's appointment and then when I got home, I finalized the letter for our class reunion and printed it out on some colorful paper. It's our 45th for the Class of '67 at Central Webster in Burnside, Iowa!! Letters will go out tomorrow! Yay! I am having a hard time believing that it has been 45 years since I graduated from high school. That sounds soooooooo long ago! :-)
The doctor appointment was the final one before surgery next Monday. I'll be going in to have that ovarian cyst removed. I am looking forward to it because I'll sleep through it. Harder part will be the liquid diet I have to do this weekend prior to surgery. This means no chocolate chip cookies!!!! I'll survive. At this point, I will do anything to feel better and get back to my old self. Am prepared for a six week recovery. Projects are lined up and I am ready to stitch while my husband brings me tea and crumpets. wink wink  :-)

Look for another blue block soon.............
Sandi

9 comments:

DebbieM said...

Good luck with the surgery, Sandi. I'll be thinking of you. I love the blues, it is going to make a beautiful quilt. Take care.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I'll be praying for a successful surgery and rapid recovery. Those blues are the perfect thing for recuperating. Take care. ~Jeanne

Crafts4others said...

love the blue fabric, one of my favorite colors. Good luck with the surgery and hope you have a quick recovery.

Needled Mom said...

Will you please send that Quilt Fairy to my house next? Those blocks are just wonderful.

I hope you can find some yummy clear liquids this weekend. Good luck with the surgery, Sandi. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Keeping good thoughts and prayers for you as always.

Love your blues!

Pat said...

Love your blue blocks...and keep your camera handy during your recovery time so we can see Steve in his apron waiting on you hand and foot!!! :)

Beth said...

Good luck Sandi. Will be thinking of you.
Love the blues. Will be another great sampler.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a find to find all the blocks like that. I missed my 30th reunion last year. I had to choose between it and my nieces wedding. Wedding won. Good luck in your surgery. I'll be headed back to x-ray next week to check out something they found on my mammogram yesterday. Hopefully it won't be anything to worry about. We'll see. Sorry you don't get any cookies. Bake some now, then freeze them for when you get home.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I hope your surgery and recovery are very, very easy so that you can get back to the right kind of "normal" soon.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018