Monday, November 21

What's on the line?


You've seen this quilt on the line before. I shared it last November (in this post) and I decided I would share it again.  I'm not fond of numbers (I am math-challenged) but I do enjoy "counting my blessings".  I count family, friends, and so many things as blessings. Being able to spend time with friends is a blessing. Having nice weather in Minnesota during November is a blessing. Well, the weather was nice when I joined my friends, Laura and Sharon for a "quilty day-out". It has since turned a little snowy but by Thanksgiving Day it will be in the 50's. On our "quilty day-out" it was 60 and that was awesome for November. We made a visit to Quilter's Dream over in Montgomery (here's the post I wrote after my first visit to their shop) and then we went to The Fishtale Grill in New Praque for lunch. That's where we spotted the moose..........
When we came out of the restaurant, I asked the gals if they would pose with this big guy. It was, after all, deer hunting season and I had seen several guys in their bright orange jackets and camoflauge gear heading out for the big hunt. We "snagged" a moose without even trying. LOL! That's Laura above and Sharon below..........
I am blessed that my friends don't mind my goofy sense of humor. That's me chuckling at the silliness of this.
We followed up the silliness with a visit to "Hands of Friendship" Thrift Shop. We were on the hunt for bargains and I snagged these items...........
A couple of the items are little gifts for friends. I realized after I posted the picture that I forgot to include the deer that I "snagged". Seriously, I got a deer. Well, it was a wooden one but it was a deer and I'll get a picture later this week and show you just how cute he is.

So, you know I love fabric and you might be wondering, did she buy anything at Quilter's Dream? Well, yes I did but only a couple tiny items and they are gifts for friends who read my blog so can't show them. Also found something for my mom and she doesn't read my blog but some of her friends do, so I don't want the secret to get out. I didn't buy anything for me that day because I had ordered some "goodness" from Hen*and*Chicks*Studio a few days before our outing. Owner Heidi Kaisand shared this photo (I checked with Heidi for permission to share) on Facebook and I loved these pink fabrics, especially that stripe on the right........
It was important that I get them ordered now even though I won't be using them til Spring. I have a challenge that I'm going to make to myself and it could be very interesting. I'm going to share more on the "challenge" subject in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, life is busy around here with preparation for Thanksgiving and also doing some Christmas decorating plus sewing machine shopping and gathering some items for a donation project. Lots to keep me busy. Many blessings to count. Much to be thankful for. More blessings and thanks coming up in my next post.
Have a great Monday!
Sandi

12 comments:

Pat said...

The moose photos are very cute and I just love your pink fabric (although I am not one to use pink very often when quilting). I can't wait to hear which sewing machine you buy. Be sure to rush right here to tell us about it BEFORE you start to play with it.....because I know once you start to use it, you won't want to leave it to sit by the computer!!! :)

DebbieM said...

I love the quilt and the count your blessings saying. The Moose is cute, and I'm happy that you are experiencing some good weather in MN. We, too, in PA are experiencing some nice weather too. Makes you wonder what we're in for next! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Sandi

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt for this Thanksgiving week. I love that pewter dish you snagged.

Jocelyn said...

I love your blessings quilt! Perfect for this week :-)

Diane Wild said...

I love your Give Thanks quilt. It keeps me focused on what's important in my life and what isn't.

Needled Mom said...

Many, many blessings!!! Love that pink fabric.

Karen said...

The stitchery with the saying about blessings is a good one. Definitely a good one to show at Thanksgiving time.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Thank you for joining my Whispers and Echoes followers...I try to keep it simple and struggle with the blogger at times. But to be truthful I enjoy the friendship and support I share and hopefully give my circle of friends. That moose is wonderful and your gifts are from the heart and will be treasured for years to come each time they are unpacked. Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Anonymous said...

I always benefit from a reminder to count my blessings and to be kinder to those who haven't remembered to count theirs, like the driver who cuts in from of me, the sales clerk who is impatient and surly, etc. I try to think of what a bad, hectic, etc. day these people must be having to make them feel stressed and to give them a smile instead of my own growl. I think of it as giving a hoot.
Of course, I am the Owl Lady.

Pamela O said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Blessings Quilt.
I may read that at our Thanksgiving Table this year.
A Happy Thanksgiving week to you and your family

Denise :) said...

Fun moose pictures! Your day sounded fun! I enjoy counting my blessings too...I was thinking about it last night and the song from "White Christmas" -- "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep". Have a marvelous Thanksgiving day -- I hope it's filled with lots of laughter and love! :)

Lady Jane said...

I love that quilt!!! Thanks for sharing. I didnt see it last year. Beautiful. Cheers, LJ

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018