Monday, September 5

What's on the line?

There is nothing on the line today! Instead.......it's "what's on the floor today?"...........
I mentioned I was making bedroom drapes and they are almost done!  That's me, covered with a drapery panel instead of a quilt. I thought that since it is Labor Day weekend here in the U.S. that I would share a picture of me "laboring/working". And this was definitely work! They are lined drapes and it's that room-darkening lining and it is heavy! I ended up with quite a backache as I maneuvered that stuff around on my sewing machine. I much prefer hand-sewing and was very relaxed as I sewed the folded ends to the lining.
When I finished that, my husband inserted all the pleater hooks, then hung the drapes and now I just need to hem them. I seem to recall reading somewhere that they should hang for a day or so before you hem them. I figure overnight is good enough, so I'll pin them and get them hemmed before the afternoon is over. I am almost to the finish line and when they are done, I'll be racing to the basement to get that little chair that I want to paint. I'm ready to decorate for fall and need to get that chair done so I can get my front porch ready for pumpkins and all sorts of fall things. The weather has been cool and comfy this past weekend. You can almost smell fall in the air! Hope you all are enjoying a nice weekend.
Back soon!
Sandi
Oh, and there will be something on the line next Monday! and I'll also share a picture of the finished drapes. :-)

11 comments:

Debbie said...

You're obviously working too hard, Sandi! I'm looking forward to seeing the hanging drapes. Drapes are the most boring thing to sew. Good for you!

Pat said...

I'm sure the drapes will be wonderful. I'd have a backache just trying to sit on the floor doing that hand-sewing, too. I can't believe we are almost to fall. That means winter will be here before we know it and you know I am NOT a winter person!!! :(

Miss Hillbilly said...

What a lot of work! I am beginning to think hand sewing is so much easier too.

Needled Mom said...

I thought you were quilting on the floor until I read the post!! lol Those will look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your fortitude and your mobility. I can get down to the floor, but I never try it when home alone in case I need help getting back up.

I am sure that your new drapes will look terrific, but the chair-painting will be much more fun.

Owl Lady

Jocelyn said...

Wow! Can't wait to see the results :-)

AKnativewoman said...

Ahhhh - drapes! I made them for my dining room and the windows in my kitchen . . . had never done that before, and was amazed how well they turned out! I had to move most of the living room furniture so I could lay the fabric out for cutting & sewing - what a backache, indeed, sitting on the floor and carefully sewing this fabric with a lovely green toile design with great care so I wouldn't break my Singer -

Anonymous said...

I notice you did get a quilt in the picture, however!

Samantha said...

I "labored" this weekend too! What would we do for fun if we didn't sew???

Snoodles said...

Giggle! I was like the others...came by today to see what was on the line, and found you and the drapes on the floor! I bet they look lovely! Looking forward to seeing your painted chair!

Anonymous said...

Sandi -

How about a solid quilt and make a lovely bed runner to match the new curtains? They looks like so much fun to make and could even be used across the pillows if you didn't want to use it across the foot.

Good luck!

Marilyn Teskey
MarilynTes@gmail.com

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018