Wednesday, September 14

Is it a deck........

or a large quilt rack? ...........

I've made curtains, quilts, and the fluffy stuff for inside our house but my husband handles the landscaping. He figured out the lay-out of the borders around the house and next spring we'll add plants. With help from our son, he did all the stone walls and then he hired John Franek and crew to build the deck he envisioned. They did a fine job! John's crew .......Big Adam, Little Adam and Jake did an excellent job with the complicated stairway and the walkway over the stone walls. Then Dan and Adam Simon did the staining. I love the color........Butternut. My husband kept thinking gray or perhaps a red but I looked at the woodwork inside the house and said ...make it similar to that and it will be a nice compliment. And he loves it, so all is well. We've been in our house for almost five years and it was built by local builder Steve Fries and sons, Brad and Brian. Good work all around and we enjoy every day here and love to have our kids and family visit, and friends, too. And, of course, I love to have my quilting friends visit and that's what made me think............hmmm.........is this a deck? or do I see a large quilt rack and display for a backyard quilt show?  I'll be sure to let you know if that comes to be!
Sandi




14 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, yes....DO IT!!! So many lovely spaces to hang quilts for a nice backyard show. The deck is wonderful, Sandi....and I'm glad it turned out so nice. ENJOY!

DebbieM said...

Sandi, I'm seeing a very beautiful quilt rack!! Absolutely!! Gorgeous home and the "quilt rack" and stonework is beautiful too!

Mommarock said...

I can certainly see the quilts hanging there. This looks very similar to my brothers deck. He has several hangers on his deck for bird feeders and hanging plant stands. It looks fantastic!!

Karen O said...

Definately a quilt show next spring when all of us MN followers visit. ;) I can hardly wait.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

So glad I'm not alone in seeing it as a giant quilt rack. LOL! Yes, I see a quilt show sometime next spring or summer!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

A giant quilt rack.....wow. What a lovely home and a wonderful deck as well.

Anonymous said...

I love your new quilt rack and think that it's nice that it's designed for a second use as a deck! That would be a wonderful place for a quilt show. Maybe some of us who are too far away to attend could contribute some items for a silent auction with the money helping some charity?

Do you give a hoot about this idea from the Owl Lady?

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Whoooo whooo, Owl Lady, and we are thinking alike. I think you read my mind!!!! I am planning a post about a project but won't be spilling the beans til early October. :-)

Mad about Craft said...

Diffinately a big quilt rack!

Dora, the Quilter said...

Oh, wow! It would be great for a mini-quilt show!

Unknown said...

now, that's a house....wow...and a huge quilt rack to boot.

grandmarockton said...

LOVE the NEW QUILT rack please let us know when its SHOW TIME! Beautiful

Pat V. said...

Oh, yeah, giant quilt rack for sure!

Mishka said...

Wow, what a gorgeous deck. It's just lovely Sandi. I'd be out there ALL the time (in the warm months that is).

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018