Friday, September 23

Happy First Day of Fall!

It's a beautiful day here in Minnesota on this first day of fall/autumn. This past Monday, I spruced up my front porch......swept away the cobwebs.......cleaned the railing........got out some fall flowers and some mini pumpkins and it looked so nice. Then we got those winds on Tuesday and Thursday so I had to move it all inside. But it all went back on the porch yesterday, along with more pumpkins from Emma Krumbee's. 

You can see my little chair and footstool now that they are stained. The chair, as I mentioned in a previous post, is an old Sunday School chair. The little stool is somebody's shop class project that I bought at a garage sale. It was made by Ben because each section has "Ben" written in pencil. I sanded the name off the top piece but left it on the other pieces. Whoever "Ben" is, I love your little piece of handiwork.

The two birdhouses were made by my brother several years ago. The one in the picture above is made from a stair spindle that he salvaged from the farmhouse that my grandparents lived in up until the 1970's. The birdhouse below is made from a salvaged spindle from my Aunt Lottie's front porch railing. Makes me smile when I see them. :-)
That wreath on the left is on it's last year. It's one of those from the 70's that is a maple leaf design and the leaves were cut, then stitched and stuffed, then glued to a wire frame. It's one my mom bought at a craft fair many years ago and gave to me last year. It looked really good until I hung it outside, something I probably should not have done. Oh, well..........

Anyway, I love how the front porch looks so inviting and when my neighbor Arlene stopped by yesterday, she said that very thing. I think it says "Welcome, Fall" and to you, too! Hope you are enjoying this fine day wherever you are!
Sandi


8 comments:

grandmatomato said...

I love fall. Not what follows but love fall.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I sort of agree. I love fall so much, though, that it makes me forget that winter is the prize at the end of fall. LOL!

Diane Wild said...

Today was a perfect fall day to be outside. Less wind and lots of sun. Should have done more outside than I did but visiting with a few friends and taking in the last homecoming parade took up my afternoon. Hope we have more beautiful days ahead.

Melanie said...

Wonderful doorway---Looks like "home".....

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Can you come over and make my front porch look so inviting Sandi? Yours looks awesome.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You have a lovely home Sandi.

Love Of Quilts said...

The chair is cute and your fall decor does say welcome. Trish

Anonymous said...

Cute! I was trying to decide what to get for my front porch or yard.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018