Thursday, May 19

Button, Button, whose got the button?

This bag has the buttons! Lots of them and I just love it! This is more fabric from Jacquelynne's "Sewing Room Social".  This time I used just five fabrics from the line. The mug rugs that I made and shared were done in all the pastel shades, no brown, no red but when you add the brown and the red ......... wow! what a difference it makes! The colors just seem to "pop"!
I took these two photos just before I sent this bag off to my swap partner. The morning sun was shining in when I took the one above, not so in the one below.  So, who will get this bag?  Well, it is on it's way somewhere but I can't tell you where. It's a secret swap so the recipient has no clue from whom she will receive a bag!  And while all the swap partners have been assigned, you can check out the tutorial for this project by visiting QuiltingGallery where you will find a link to the tutorial by designer Geta and to the Flickr group where there are so many more cute bags!!  
You can see in the photo below that this is a nice size bag. Yes, I know it says "basket swap" but because of how I pieced my handles, they got a little long and so this is more of a bag, than a basket. :-) I added a couple goodies and away it went in the mail this past Monday morning.
I liked the bag so much that I made one for me. I really like that button fabric! And I am working on some accessories with some of the scraps, so perhaps by my next post I will have some more "button, button" projects to share!
Sandi

12 comments:

Karin said...

Turned out great - I love the botton-fabric too. My swappartner has already received hers - I thought Germany - Canada would take much longer than it did.

Pat said...

Someone will be getting a very hapy surprise! Great job, Sandi.

Samantha said...

I love your bags! (And not just because you used my fabric :D) I like a nice roomy bag with a wide bottom that I can put LOTS of stuff in....

krisgray said...

Very cute!! Love the brown and red.

Needled Mom said...

The colors really do POP! It looks great and I love the button fabric too.

Crispy said...

What a wonderful basket. People use baskets for "toting" things so I think you are just fine with the longer handles. Your swap partner will be VERY happy :0)

Crispy

Jen said...

Great basket! I'm already thinking of what I would put in there, lol. The colors look great together.

Beth said...

Great bag/basket. What's in a name right? The fabric is so cute. Someone will be very happy when it arrives.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

very nice bag. I have been making a lot of bags lately. They are quick and make for easy gratification of a project completed. This one is great. Love the fabrics.

Amanda said...

Great bag! I love the button fabric!

Clothed in Scarlet said...

Too cute! I didn't participate with the swap this time around. We've got lots going on and I was afraid my time would not allow getting it completed by the mail date. Loving your take on it though:o)Sarah

Quiltefia said...

Hi!! And the lucky one was me!!:-) Thank you so much Sandi!! And not only a basket or a bag, but nice fabric and a pattern too!! This was so fun!! I love this swap things going on. To make something for a partner and than recive. I think I have done this 6 or 7 times and it is fun every time. You told me that you have been in my town too, so you know my country. I have looked a little bit on your blog, and you make a lot of nice work!!Have a nice weekend!! AnneKari:-) Oslo, Norway

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018