Tuesday, February 1

What's on the line?

With all the snow and icy weather that is covering much of the Midwest and east coast of the U.S., I thought I would bring you a bit of summer in my "What's on the line?" feature..................
For those of you who are snowbound, just look at this quilt for a few seconds. Then look at it a few more seconds. Continue starring at this little quilt until you can feel the warmth of summer, smell that fresh cut grass, taste that sweet watermelon and imagine yourself picking a bunch of daisies to put on the picnic table. Yes, there may be ants who will join you, and even a ladybug or two, but at least it will be warm and you will be able to walk without slipping on the ice. Ah, summer, I am really going to enjoy it when it finally arrives!
Oh, and the story behind the quilt........it's number seven in the series of twelve quilts that I stitched in celebration of the Millennium. Wow, that's already ten years ago!! This is the July quilt and it's the month that we hold our Linn Family Reunion. In fact, today I verified the reservation date for the Lehigh Ballpark Shelter so if you are Linn family member, please mark July 17, 2011 for the 82nd Linn Family Reunion. So do you and your family hold an annual reunion? And if you do, what fun events do you always do that we might want to know about so we can do them at our reunions?
Here's hoping you have a good day!
Sandi

16 comments:

DebbieM said...

Thank you for that breath of springtime and summertime! I'm in NW PA, we already have about 8" of snow on the ground, waiting for more to come along with some ice and I'm headed to work. "Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor gloom of night". Yep, I'm a Postmaster and the mail must be delivered even under these conditions. Thanks again, I'll think SPRING!!!

Maggey and Jim said...

I love watermelon and that is a darling quilt.. Yes, reminding me of summer that I so enjoy.My Mother comes from a family of 13 and sometimes we have reunion.. Mostly cousins now with 4 left of the original 13.
Maggey

Crispy said...

Awww for the warm breezes of summer.....

We didn't do games or anything when we had reunions. It was enough to visit with everyone :0)

Crispy

Needled Mom said...

I can smell the fresh cut grass as I look at this summery quilt!!!

We have a long running horseshoe competition with the winner boards going waaaay back.

Stay warm!!

Jen said...

Thank you! I needed that dose of summer! I read this while on the bus to work at 6:30 in the morning, it was just waht I needed! I love the watermelons!

Beth said...

I can almost taste the summer fresh watermelon. Even tho you can get it year round it doesn't taste the same.
I am hunkered down waiting for the storm to hit.
Stay safe and warm.

Priscila said...

What a beautiful quilt! Here is reversed, we would need a quilt that reminds us of the winter and bring us some fresh ....!!! I would have liked to have a big family and have meetings... My memories for you,

Lindah said...

Wow! Daisies and watermelon --that's a day brightener. Our nation's mid-section could use a bit of day brightening right now, I'm sure. Likewise our Aussie friends who are staring at the approaching "killer cyclone." It's nice to contemplate reunions and picnic in the park. Good for you, getting a head start on your reunion.

Anonymous said...

Ha, good thing you took the picture in the summer, isn't it? I know we are all suffering from cabin fever or too much cold or not enough sunlight, or all three together. Great quilt, very summery, and just darned cute!

julieQ said...

I need that little bit of summertime!! It is colder here than in 20 years...so any hint of warmth is a good thing!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Like I said to you yesterday, I love this quilt. Every year my husband and I have a "cousins" camp for our grandkids. We do games and crafts about a different theme each year. Once it was Halloween, another was trains and another was July 4th. Our eldest granddaughter is 8 and we have managed to hold 6 camps with our growing family.

Micki said...

That does remind me of spring. As we are in the dead of winter, this definitely made me smile.
Micki

Carol said...

Totally summery quilt. Love it.

Diane Wild said...

Can't wait for spring then I can look forward to summer. Our family got so scattered that it seems no one can get together at one time anymore. Love the quilt..it was uplifting. I think I'll start an Easter project soon.

Anonymous said...

So good to know we are approaching the "right side of winter". Your quilt and summery photo brightened the day :-)

Kathy said...

That's a nice summertime quilt and it's fun to see it now especially because all this snow is getting to be too much.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018