Saturday, January 1

2011!

HAPPY
NEW
YEAR!
Did you know..........that the number
2011
is a "prime number"?
Long ago in some math class I am sure that I learned about prime numbers but for some reason, I didn't let it register until I was 53 and my son pointed out that it was a prime number. Now that year that I was 53 was a pretty good year so, maybe 2011 will also be a pretty good year. Let's hope so!! Here's wishing all of you Peace, Joy, and Love in the coming year! Oh, and since most of you are quilters that read this......I wish you lots of fabric and may all your projects be finished by the end of the year. Riiiiiiighhhhhhhtttttttt. :-)
And if you'd like to learn more about "Prime Numbers",
check out this page..... MathIsFun!
Today, I'm going to be working on a project that I'll share with all of you real sooooooooonnnn!
Have a great New Year's Day!
Sandi

12 comments:

Pat said...

I hope your wish about this year comes true for all of us and our families. Happy 2011 to all! (And what a LAUGH....that all my unfinished projects should get done before 2012 rolls around!)

Crispy said...

Happy New Year My Friend!!

Crispy

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy New Year Sandi!

Cath said...

Happy New Year Sandi ! x

Needled Mom said...

Happiest of new years, Sandi.

julieQ said...

Happy New Year, Sandi!!

Cheryl said...

Have a wonderful New Year Sandi! I look forward to seeing what new projects the new year will bring!

Blogless me said...

A happy and prosperous new year to you and your loved ones!

It is a funny thing ... few days ago we were explaining prime numbers to our daughter (who's only seven but quite a smart and curious little creature even if I say so myself ;-) ) and we googled it (as one usually does) for some fun illustrations of the concept. Well, surprise surprise ... we learned something we did not know. A polish mathematician Ulam while being bored at a meeting started doodling on a page. Being a mathematician, he started writing numbers in a spiral (Ulam's spiral they call it now). then he circled the prime numbers and lo and behold - a pattern emerged! The beauty of math, really. You can see an illustration of the pattern here:

http://www.alpertron.com.ar/ULAM.HTM

Hope it pleases your visual senses, I find it beautiful. Take care!

Beth said...

Happy New Year! I do hope we all have lots of quilty fun this year!

Dora, the Quilter said...

Oh, I do hope that your prime number theory works out--a lot of us could benefit from "a good year"!

Darlene said...

Happy New Year Sandi! Looking forward to reading your blog in 2011!!

Clothed in Scarlet said...

I'm a little late reading your new years post but I will gladly accept the wish for all my quilty projects being finished in 2011! lol Blessings Sarah

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018