Friday, November 6

Double Snowman Treat!

There's not a drop of snow on the ground here in Minnesota right now but I managed to conjure up the last of the Snowmen for you and here they are.............

This November Snowman is best buddies with this little deer that lives in the woods in our backyard (or so I imagine). He knows just how important friends are and what a blessing they are in our lives! Wouldn't you agree? I was inspired to draw this design by the real deer that wander across our backyard and the "not so real" deer that graced the front yard where my parents used to live. They loved those deer and when the time came to sell their house and downsize, the deer were transported to a friend's yard where my mom can still drive by and see them. Nice, huh?

Inspiration for this Santa snowman was easy. As so many of you do, I have wonderful memories of Christmas when I was a child and when my kid's were small. There was lots of Christmas joy when we awoke in the morning and got a peek under the tree. There was always some special thing we really wanted and the stockings always held a sweet surprise or two. :-)


This pair are the last two snowmen for this year. If you want pdf files of the pattern pages, you'll find them on file in my Yahoo BOM group. Just click on the Snowman on the sidebar and join the group. Hope you have enjoyed these guys and gals! I'm working up another series that will be suitable for Redwork or traditional embroidery and will post more info on that at the end of December. I will be gone in early December and that is why I posted both blocks for you at this time.
In my next post, I'll share the Seasons BOM Applique block designs and patterns, also for both November and December. That's all for tonight!
Have a good Friday!!!
Sandi

6 comments:

Micki said...

The pattern is so cute! Thanks for sharing it!
Micki

Owl Lady said...

Great designs as always. I am saving the year's designs for a project that I am gathering materials for to make a snowman lap quilt for a good friend for Christmas, 2010. I think that I have enough fabric and designs now. My goal is to make a reversible quilt that is quilted in sections and then assembled. I have never done this before, so I may just make a big mess, but I won't know until I try, will I?
I want to start in January, so that I don't have to rush anything. Your designs will be focal points with snowman prints and appliques as well as solid sashings.

Needled Mom said...

Thanks Sandi. Someday I am going to finish all of them and do a nice quilt. Hope things are well there.

Wendi said...

That is a beautiful design!!!
Wendi
www.justkeepstitching.blogspot.com

Pat said...

These are so adorable and I like how you always share your inspiration for your snow folks.

Rachel said...

Oh Sandi the November and December blocks are absolutely gorgeous! You have outdone yourself. I love the little acorn and the beautiful leaves on November's; and who doesn't love a nicely wrapped present! I can't wait to get started on these two.

Thanks again for sharing your talents with us. With all that's going on in your life, I'm doubly appreciative that you take the time to design these patterns and offer them to us free of charge.

xo
Rachel

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018