Friday, November 20

Christmas Fabric Fun!

I am so glad that Gudrun and all the other designer's decided to host the Cross Country Christmas Blog Hop. The stories they have shared and the patterns have all been really great. Thanks to them, my sewing room is a chaotic scene of Christmas fabrics draped over the ironing board, on my chair, on the floor, in a box, you name it.......Christmas fabrics everywhere. Out of that chaos, came the mugs for the Molten Chocolate Cake bags (go here for the info and pattern) and the Candy Canes from Carrie .........

Those little bags were so super easy and I'm not saying who'll be getting the ones in the picture but they will really like them, I know that for sure. I thought the candy canes might be a bit difficult but they, too, were really easy to stitch and stuff. While finishing up the cutting of all those charm squares for my blogging friends, I discovered that I have some really cool stripes that will make neat candy canes. I am going to do the glue and glitter thing to them (it's in the directions so go here to read all about how to make them) because glitter is one of those things that I love to do because I love the sparkle! I think I mentioned it in my last post, but I found the mugs for a buck each at Michael's. I need to get some more now because I have a list of who should get one of these. :-)
In addition to Christmas fabrics spread all over the room, I also was sorting through fabrics for something that would be appropriate for Thanksgiving. Surely in all that fabric I had something that would work but I discovered I really don't have much that has turkeys on it. I wanted pieces that will work for a mini sampler and I finally found some things that will work but it's not quite what I was seeing in my mind. So, does that happen to you.........you can see it in your mind but it doesn't come out quite right when you actually make the item? Sort of like dancing for me.....in my mind, I can see myself dancing. In reality, I am not sure I could dance if I had to!! Gotta dream, though, don't we? I'll sleep well tonight as there will be all sorts of Christmas projects and fabrics dancing in my head. Who cares if I can really dance, when there is fabric to play with? LOL!
Kaiser, the beagle is still "on the mend". We are hoping that his hip/leg problem is not permanent and that when the drug that caused his problems gets out of his system, he will improve and can walk right again. Time to turn out the lights and go to bed. Later, friends...........
Sandi

8 comments:

Crispy said...

I love the striped candy cane. What a cute project.

Crispy

Kaye said...

You always do the neatest projects, always keeping busy. The candy canes are soooo cute

annemarie said...

Love the candy canes and the chocolate recipe - must try these.

Mandy said...

They are very cute!!! I was going to try some of those too... maybe for next year though!

Jocelyn said...

Yes ma'm I see it in my mind, but I am afraid that I do not have that special touch to make it happen through my fingers. So I will just continue to follow those lovely patterns that so many creative and talented people share :-)

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Cute mugs!

It happens to me all the time...I get an idea, gather my stuff, get to work, and the finished product does not match what's in my head. Hmmm. That's why I like working from patterns!

MGM

Blogless me said...

They all look yummy. The thought of a chocolate cake - love, love, love it!

Pat said...

These all turned out SO cute!!!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018