Tuesday, November 24

Almost forgot to mention....

that today is our 41st wedding anniversary. We sort of celebrated yesterday with a trip to Mankato to eat at Happy Joe's because pizza makes me happy :-) and Steve likes chicken and such so with the buffet we can both enjoy our favorites. We did a little bit of shopping for some supplies and, of course, I found a little Christmas ornament to add to the tree. :-) We're thinking that after the holidays, we'll go some place for dinner and it will probably be to Khan's Mongolian Barbecue as that's a favorite place for us. I just like it when someone else cooks!
Talked to my mom and she's sounding good but tired. As my sister said tonight.....we'll just take one day at a time and won't try to plan much more than that.
No photos tonight, no finished projects as the day was filled with lots of phone calls and sprinkled with some cleaning and decorating. I did do some stitching, though, while I watched Dancing with the Stars tonight. My favorite was Donny so I was glad he won. Steve was hoping for Kelly or Mya. That Kelly really blossomed. She looked like she was having such a good time. I thought her partner, Louis, was going to cry when Carrie Ann was praising Kelly. It's amazing what encouraging words can do for the soul!
Time to close up shop for the night. :-)
Sandi

14 comments:

Julia said...

Happy Anniversary Sandi, and best wishes for many many more..
Julia ♥

Ida13 said...

Happy Annyversary to you!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your anniversary celebrations!
Good health and happiness to you both

Latane Barton said...

Glad you had one special anniversary and will have another after Christmas. Two is Good!!

Kaye said...

Happy and Blessed Anniversary to You Both. So glad to hear Mom is holding her own

Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many many more happy years together.

Margie said...

It's so nice to hear about you celebrating your anniversary. I have a husband who could care less about birthdays and anniversary's. I can't count how many he has not even mentioned and guess after 46 years have given up, but it still hurts.

Please take it easy over these holidays as am sure your mother wants you to stay well. Take Care

Needled Mom said...

Happy anniversary to you both.

Nihal said...

Dearest Sandi,
Thank you for writing your very kind thoughts and thankfuls here on my little page:) I've loved reading your inspiring message right now, so simple and heartfelt. Wishing a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family...Enjoy the holiday, and please do not forget to pass my bestest wishes to your elegant Mother.
Oh happiest of Happy Anniversaries to you both, hopefully many more are coming in health and happiness.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy 41st Anniversary to both of you!!

Joy said...

Wow, 41 years, that's fabulous Sandi!! Congratulations, and wishing you many more years of happiness together :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)
PS ... would you believe, the word verification is "heart" ... how very appropriate :o)!!!!

Pat said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Steve! I'm glad your mom is sounding well...can make your mind rest a little easier. I think Kelly accomplished more than anyone else on DWTS this season and I hope she is truly proud of herself. Louie should feel good about the difference he made in her life, too. I was touched by his tears and Carrie Ann's, too....and I was so happy the studio audience chanted Kelly's name like that!

Crispy said...

Happy Belated Anniversary to you two!!

Crispy

Sweet P said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018