Monday, September 28

Busy week, busy month coming up.....

I can hardly believe that September is almost over! Only two days left and then October, which is just about my favorite month of the year, arrives! I am ready for lots of wooly projects and that is just what's on my horizon. I am excited about the month of October because I am teaching a couple of wooly classes and also a program at the end of this week for the Clear Lake Quilt Guild. Pictured above is a little penny rug that is just perfect for a simple brass candle holder. The pattern for this can be found in my Wooly Buddies Yahoo Group (click on the button in the sidebar). I also made one in a gold and brown flecked wool.
I'll be doing a pincushion workshop for the St. Peter Quilt Guild next Monday and then on Oct. 20th I'll be teaching a pincushion class at Firefly Quilt Shop in Mankato, MN. Janice, owner of Firefly, has ordered up some gorgeous wools and you can see some of them in the photo of the cupboard at her shop. She gave me bundle to use to make samples (in the basket in the photo). The little pincushion/needlecase sets are patterns that I designed and made a few years ago.



Working with wool is so relaxing and it is so easy to take along wherever you go. Must get back to work on wooly projects now.........
Have a good Monday and a good week!!!
Sandi

7 comments:

Kaye said...

Those Lucky Ladies to have you teach a class for them. Love the display of wools on the hutch. The plaids are beautiful, does she sell on line? Its not easy to get plaid wools. Everyone must be hanging on to the old woolen skirts!! LOL

luv2quilt2 said...

I've never tried to make anything in wool. You make me want to try.

Pat said...

I love working with the wool and wool felt...but haven't done anything with it for months....I need to get back to it, too.

Crispy said...

You are always such a busy lady Sandi, do you ever have time to sew for yourself, let alone sleep? LOL

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

So glad to see that you are feeling better and up to sewing projects. Cool weather warrants warm projects :-)

knitwit said...

I wish I lived closer so that I could take one of your classes.
Ruth

Karen said...

Wooly projects are wonderful and it is the perfect time of year to make them.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018