Sunday, March 8

March Block of the Month is here!!

Finally, they're here........the March "Seasons of the Heart" blocks!!

In the picture above you can see that I choose a pretty dark green print for the shamrock. I fused it to the background fabric and buttonhole stitched around it in a lighter green thread. I followed that with an outline border in a darker green. All of these blocks are fairly simple but can be enhanced with as much or as little embellishment as you wish.

The pages above and below are the pattern pages. I'll be embroidering the words on strips of fabric that will be added to the blocks. I was planning to give you the info on that this month. It will have to wait til April. Just concentrate on making blocks right now. You may not want to do the word part and it is not necessary to do that part as you are doing the blocks.


And here's the Snowman of the month for you. He's sending off an Irish greeting just for you!

You can stitch him in Redwork, trace and color him, cut the pieces from wool and applique......remember, just use your creativity and do what suits your fancy!!!

For those of you who have requested that the files be e-mailed to you, I'll be adding the names to the list from those who signed on this past week and will send those files tomorrow/Monday.
Have a good Monday!!
Sandi

7 comments:

Pat said...

NO surprise that I'm loving these blocks, too. (With a name like Patricia and Irish ancestors, how could it be otherwise?? LOL) I'll look forward to getting my files whenever you have time to send them. And...as always a BIG thank-you!

xashee's corner said...

You are such an artist! i LOVE your designs and thank you so much for sharing! :) Have a SEW PERFECT day!

Myra said...

I look forward to receiving this month's pattern Sandi! 8-)
Love the snowman!
Happy stitchings!

Nanette Merrill said...

How sad is this. When is St. Patrick's Day? Did we have it already? Sheesh. I'll go check. I'm so behind. I love shamrocks.

Cleary (Cie) said...

Thanks so much I love both of the patterns. Happy St. Patty's day to you and I hope you have a wonderful Month.
Huggs,
Cleary

Needled Mom said...

Very cute Sandi. Your designs are wonderful. Thank you.

Heather said...

Just finished mine, Sandi, and posted a picture at my blog. Love it!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful patterns. ;o)

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018